Santa Monica employees and residents can register now for the city’s first-ever Commuter Challenge, a competition to bike, carpool/vanpool, ride transit, or walk to work, instead of driving alone. With only two months left in the challenge, now is the time to get involved! You can log your trips up to 5 weeks retroactively, so it is never too late to join during the month.
- Register as user with any network-- your employer, SM Residents Employed Outside of City, or just the CommuteSM network.
- Start logging your Public Transit trips in July, and your Walking trips in August, to be automatically entered
- Don’t know the best route to take? Favorite your trip in our Trip Planning module to see!
- Each week in July, one random participant will get a pre-loaded TAP card with $17.50.
- For July, the user with the greatest CO2 savings receives 2 passes to 2015 FYF Fest in August. Second place CO2 saver gets a 3-month supply of KIND Snacks. Third place is awarded a 3-session training certificate to Dethrone Basecamp. In addition, 2 randomly selected winners receive movie passes to American Cinematheque theaters.
CommuteSM is incredibly grateful for its local partners and sponsors: RideAmigos, Urban Trans, Paradise Consulting, the City of Santa Monica, Metro, The Big Blue Bus, FYF Music Festival, KIND Snacks, Laemmle Theaters, McCabe’s Guitar Shop, Magicopolis, American Cinematheque, The Massage Palace, Lemonade, Dethrone Basecamp, Dogtown Coffee, Starbucks Coffee & Tea, Donut King, IZIP Store, the Santa Monica Bike Center, SM Spoke, Bike Attack, Pedego Santa Monica, Cynergy Cycles, Zone 3 Multisport, Helen’s Cycles, and Downtown LA Bikes. For more information on the Commuter Challenge, visit www.commuteSM.com.
Questions? Contact Maayan@commuteSM.com